Position: HTML5 Developer
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and / or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross functional initiatives.
Specific Required Skills:
- Specific familiarity with Orbeon OpenSource software development is critical.
- Orbeon, is an open source standards based forms solution to build and deploy fully interactive web forms. The Team selected this product for its solution because it meets the requirements stated in the PWS, lowers overall risk to the VA as the tool is already built, and will leave the VA well positioned for application maintenance and enhancements well into the future.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with cross-platform (mobile, desktop/laptop, tablet) and cross-browser development.
- Experience with JSON and RESTful web services.
- Experience with XHTML/DHTML
- Experience with User Centered Design.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Advanced ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g. ,OO).
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles.
- Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins. Strong understanding of basic Database Administration.
- Able to define quality and security standards. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Participates as a member of the development team.
- Completes development to implement complex components.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Leads design activities
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests, software design documents and other documentation as necessary by the client.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
- Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
Ready to take the next step and submit your resume? Click here